Sunset Zoo Reopening Details
We are ready to open to the public as an outdoor park only for all to enjoy!
A special note to our members, we value you and have missed you. We welcome you back first as a valued member and will be honoring the time you lost as a member this year with an extension in your membership.
For all guests, members, and non-members alike, please use the tabbed information below to stay informed on how we at Sunset Zoo are maintaining safe guidelines during our reopening phases.
Tickets may be purchased at the gate for the following admission times to Sunset Zoo:
Sunset Zoo will be OPEN daily from 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Winter Hours
During this time, social distancing guidelines and sanitizing will be done by our staff to keep our visitors safe.
Tickets are only valid on the date of purchase.
We strongly encourage debit and credit card purchases to avoid the handling of cash.
Dates and times are subject to change. We will be following all guidelines set forth by Riley County and the City of Manhattan.
Sunset Zoo COVID-19 Guidelines
We ask all guests to utilize masks as a health and wellness precaution when six-foot distancing cannot be practiced. All staff of Sunset Zoo will be wearing masks as a health precaution when six-foot distancing cannot take place.
1. Maintain 6 feet of space between family groups.
2. All groups visiting the Zoo need to follow gathering size limits established by the Riley County Health Department.
3. Please take turns at viewing windows. Be courteous to guests and staff.
4. Please review our new map and watch for signage to guide you through your visit.
5. For the safety of our guests, staff, and animals, if you do not feel well, please stay home.
- Most indoor areas closed to the public
- ADA accessible restrooms near the playground will be open to the public and cleaned routinely
- One water fountain that is attached to the concession stand will be operation for bottle refills ONLY.
- Wagons and strollers are now available and are sanitized after use by our staff.
- The Gift Shop is OPEN but a mask is required while in the gift shop. The concession stand will remain closed.
- Vending Machines will be accessible
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the Zoo
- Please be aware of high touch areas
- Please maintain social distancing
This extension will be automatically applied to each member's account. It will take time to apply to all of our membership database.
If your membership has expired during the closure, please bring the expired membership with you and we can apply the extension to you during your visit.
If you would like to renew your membership, we can also do that for you during your visit back to Sunset Zoo.
Once a membership is renewed, new member cards will be mailed to your household.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email our Membership Coordinator.
Thank you for your membership. It makes a difference in what we do each day for our animals.
If you would like to make a donation to Sunset Zoo you may do so by making an online donation to our Expedition Asia expansion.